David Fiander, University of Western Ontario We regret to announce that David will not be able to attend Digital Odyssey this year
- A former software developer, David Fiander is now the Digital Services Librarian at the University of Western Ontario. David has also been in involved in the development of the Evergreen ILS, an open source project created by the Georgia Public Library Service. Find out more about David on his Rapid Communications blog.
Beth Jefferson, BiblioCommons
- Beth Jefferson, founder of BiblioCommons, is developing innovative web services for public libraries that will manage all aspects of community contributed content, aggregate and seamlessly integrate that content into library environments. Beth holds an MBA from Harvard.
Walter Lewis, Halton Hills Public Library
- Walter Lewis is the Manager of Systems and Technical Support for the Halton Hills Public Library and a Great Lakes historian. He is at the forefront of digitization efforts in this province, having been at the heart of the development of the HALINET, Maritime History of the Great Lakes, and Our Ontario websites, to name a few.
Art Rhyno, University of Windsor
- Art Rhyno is a Systems Librarian at the University of Windsor, and a former OLITA president. Art is involved in lots of things, especially in connection to Open Source Software. He and his wife own a community newspaper that covers over a century of happenings in the town of Essex and surrounding areas.
Bess Sadler, University of Virginia
- Bess Sadler is Head of Technical and Metadata Services at the University of Virginia and co-chair of eIFL-FOSS. You can find out more about Bess by reading Solvitur ambulando (her blog), listening to her interview with Dan Chudnov on One Big Library, or best of all by coming to Digital Odyssey this year.
Tim Spalding, LibraryThing
- Tim Spalding founded LibraryThing.com, a social cataloging and social
networking site for book lovers. Find out more about LibraryThing.
Jeffrey Trzeciak, McMaster University
- Jeffrey Trzeciak is University Librarian at McMaster University. Jeffrey comes to McMaster from Wayne State University where he was the associate dean of the library system. As well as being a progressive library leader, Jeffrey is an active gamer, and can be found in World of Warcraft under the handle Tavrnwr. Find out more about Jeffrey on his McMaster University Library blog.
Dan Scott from Laurentian University
- Dan is Systems Librarian at Laurentian, and a great contributor to the open source community, having worked on PHP, Apache and Linux. Find out more about Dan at his Coffee|Code blog.